The Axia Institute
Michigan State University
1910 W. St. Andrews Road
Midland, Michigan 48640
Send a Message
If you have any comments, questions or concerns, send us a message and we will get back to you.
- Junior Research Fellows Endowment Position
- Graduate Research Internship Endowment Position
- Outreach Specialist – Internet of Things (IoT) and Digital Transformation
- Undergraduate Summer Intern Position
The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation Junior Research Fellows Endowment Position
for the Axia Institute: Delivering Value Chain Solutions. The position is to be located in Midland, MI.
In search of an outstanding MSU post-doctoral candidate and/or junior research associate to engage in research relevant to the mission of the Axia Institute. Please see research areas of focus and example projects on our website: https://axia.msu.edu/.
Post-doctoral candidates and junior research associates should provide: doctoral dissertations, any prior scholarly publications, relevant work experience formal research proposals for potential pursuit at the Institute and the recommendation of their preceptors, instructors and/or employers. Tuition reimbursement commensurate with experience. Send information to: The Axia Institute; Attention: Dow Jr. Research Fellow; Michigan State University
1910 W. St. Andrews Road; Midland, MI 48640.
The Charles J. Strosacker Foundation Graduate Research Internship Endowment position for the Axia Institute: Delivering Value Chain Solutions. The position is to be located in Midland, MI.
To provide MSU graduate students the opportunity to engage in research experiences at the Midland Research Institute. Please see research areas of focus and example projects on our website: https://axia.msu.edu/.
MSU graduate students who want to engage in research relevant to the Axia Institute. Graduate students should provide: a cover letter, resume and references. Salary commensurate with experience. Send information to: The Axia Institute; Attention: Strosacker Graduate Research Internship; Michigan State University1910 W. St. Andrews Road;
Midland, Michigan 48640.
We are seeking a dedicated and visionary Data Engineer specializing in Internet of Things (IoT), digital transformation, and smart technology integration to join our esteemed academic Axia Institute at Michigan State University in Midland, Michigan. As the Outreach Specialist – Internet of Things (IoT) and Digital Transformation, you will be at the forefront of cutting-edge research, driving innovation at the nexus of IoT and smart digital technologies. Your dedication and vision will play a pivotal role in fulfilling our institute’s mission: creating transformative solutions to tackle real-world value chain challenges with a strong focus on end-to-end traceability. Join us in fostering a collaborative, intellectually stimulating environment where your skills and passion can truly shine. At our prestigious academic research institute, you will be part of pioneering research that is defining the future of IoT and digital integration. You’ll also enjoy the rare opportunity to collaborate with top-tier experts, shape the direction of academic conversations, and steer real-world change.
- Architect Tomorrow’s IoT Landscape: Spearhead the design and implementation of an advanced IoT platform, seamlessly integrating cutting-edge technologies to forge the future of IoT innovation.
- Pioneering Smart Technologies: Innovate with the deployment of smart technologies, including RFID, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, smart contracts, and blockchain solutions, fortifying data security and transparency across supply chains.
- Secure Data Ecosystem: Lead the integration of sensors and devices into IoT platform networks, fostering secure and transparent data exchange at every turn.
- Trailblazing Technological Trends: Stay at the forefront of emerging technologies and industry trends, driving IoT and digital solutions to new heights of innovation.
- Empowering Data Insights: Skillfully integrate IoT devices and sensors, guaranteeing precise data collection, transmission, and insightful analysis.
- Automated Excellence: Implement efficient practices for automated deployment, proactive monitoring, and seamless software upgrades, streamlining operational excellence.
- Optimization and Assurance: Regularly conduct system audits and performance assessments, optimizing software for peak efficiency and unwavering reliability.
- Shaping Academic Discourse: Contribute to prestigious academic journals and share your insights at conferences, actively participating in shaping the future of IoT research.
- Funding Innovations: Actively seek federal and industry grants, along with startup budgets, to elevate Axia Institute and Axia Lab capabilities, charting a course toward self-sustainability.
- Mentorship and Growth: Mentor and guide the growth of graduate students and junior researchers, nurturing their development in the realm of cutting-edge technologies.
- Real-World Impact: Collaborate closely with industry partners and stakeholders, transforming research findings into real-world applications that make a difference.
Qualifications that Set You Apart:
- Academic Degree: Hold a master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field, with a specialized focus on IoT, digital transformation, or distributed systems. PhD candidates are also encouraged to apply. Your advanced education forms the foundation for pioneering research.
- Proven Research Prowess: Showcase your expertise through a demonstrable track record of impactful research in IoT and the seamless integration of smart technologies, evident in your publications, projects, or collaborative endeavors.
- IoT Mastery: Exhibit a high level of proficiency in IoT platforms and frameworks, including Ethereum, Hyperledger, and the art of smart contract development. Your deep understanding empowers innovation.
- Coding Virtuosity: Possess solid programming skills in languages like Python, Java, or Solidity, equipping you to implement IoT and blockchain solutions with precision and ingenuity.
- Research Acumen: Familiarity with research methodologies, experimental design, and data analysis techniques demonstrates your analytical prowess, allowing you to unravel the complexities of cutting-edge projects.
- Effective Communicator: Your strong communication skills are your bridge to success. Articulate, concise, and adaptable, you excel in presenting research findings and fostering collaboration within diverse teams.
- Enthusiasm for Advancement: Embody a true passion for staying at the vanguard of technology. Your hunger for knowledge and dedication to staying current with the latest advancements in IoT, blockchain, and related fields drive progress and innovation.
These qualifications emphasize the qualities we are seeking in our ideal candidate, highlighting the role’s dynamic nature and its potential for professional growth and impact.
If you’re fueled by a passion for cutting-edge technology, flourish in a collaborative academic ecosystem, and are determined to push the frontiers of knowledge, we wholeheartedly encourage you to submit your application. Your journey toward groundbreaking discoveries begins here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Midland, MI
Start Date: March 2024
Application Process: For consideration, please submit your resume, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this role, along with three references to MSU Careers.
This is a non-union position.
Posted: Jan. 12, 2024 Application Deadline: Applications are due by Feb. 5th, 2024. Review process and interviews will be started from February 15, 2024.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with employees at The Axia Institute | Delivering Value Chain Solutions® (msu.edu) and faculty at Michigan State University providing value chain analysis for Axia’s research efforts. The position is located in Midland, MI.
Primary responsibilities will include project support around the technological and economic feasibility of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) projects for supply chain visibility.
Additional job responsibilities include organizing and completing project assignments, conducting presentations or workshops, creating and maintaining records, interviewing and preparing reports and other duties assigned by supervisor.
The candidate will also be assigned special projects and provide support for other Institute duties including but not limited to managing social media channels and assisting with the planning of the Axia Institute’s annual summit.
This position is also listed at http://careers.msu.edu, and reference Job #928492.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.